Your Health Adventure Coach can work alongside you providing guidance,accountability, support, tools and information to help you maintain a healthy weight or achieve your weight loss goals in a healthy and balanced way. Lori has completed a Certificate in Weight Management Through Fitness and Nutrition from Human Kinetics.
OVERWEIGHT & OBESITY
- 61% of adults in the United States were overweight or obese in 1999.
- Approximately 300,000 deaths each year in the United States may be attributable to obesity.
- Overweight and obesity are associated with heart disease, certain types of cancer, type 2 diabetes, stroke,arthritis, breathing problems, and psychological disorders, such as depression.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: WEIGHT CONTROL AND OTHER BENEFITS
- Physical activity contributes to weight loss, especially when it is combined with calorie reduction.
- Regular physical activity is extremely helpful for the prevention of overweight and obesity.
- Regular physical activity is very important in maintaining weight loss.
- In addition to weight control, physical activity helps prevent heart disease, helps control cholesterol levels and diabetes, slows bone loss associated with advancing age, lowers the risk of certain cancers, and helps reduce anxiety and depression.